What Makes Us Different
The owner and Managing Member, Stephen J. Boyd, has over 51 years of experience in the earth moving business. The staff includes numerous others also with over 195 combined years experience.
We can handle virtually any size project and do so quite rapidly. We have previously been nominated for the Contractor of the Year Award from the Illinois Department of Transportation.
We enjoy an excellent reputation for being in the business for four generations and can offer references of the quality of our past and present performance.
We are looking forward to serving the tri-state area for many more years to come.
OSHA, MSHA, Safety and First Aid Trained
- Rte 45 Reconstruction, Eldorado, Il
- Interstate 57/64 Expansion, Mt. Vernon, Il
- Reed Station Road Reconstruction, Carbondale, Il
- Franklin Co. Coal Company Reclamation, Royalton, Il
- Williamson Co. Airport Various Repairs, Marion, Il
- New Bridge Across Big Muddy River, Murphysboro, Il
- Red Ember Mine Reclamation, Fiatt, Il
- Rte 37 Reconstruction, Pulleys Mill, Il
- Morgan Avenue Improvements, Marion, Il
- Massac Co. Airport Expansion, Metropolis, Il
- Will Scarlett Mine Reclamation, Marion, Il
- Aisin Plant Expansion, Marion, Il
- Rte 13/Interstate 57 Interchange, Marion, Il
- Scour Repair Various Locations, Southern Illinois
- Drainage Improvements Williamson County Airport
- Tab Simco Bio-Remediation, Carbondale, Il
- Morgan Mine Site Reclamation, Marion, Il
- New Mississippi River Port For The New Bourbon Port Authority
- New Bridge Approach Mt. Carmel, Il
- New Bridge Across Wabash River Mt. Carmel, Il
- Drainage Improvements Albion, Il
- Storm Debris Cleanup Southern Illinois
- Rte 147 Road Widening And Upgrade, Vienna, Il
- Rend Lake Water Treatment Plant Upgrade, Benton, Il
- New Bridge Rte 34, Benton, Il
- Scour Repair District 9
- New Interchange Interstate 57 Mt. Vernon, Il
- Marshall Equipment Reclamation Project
- Ameren Energy Drainage Repair
- Ameren Energy Culvert Repair
- Williamson County Airport Expansion
- Bridge Replacement Rte 4, Ava, Il
- Slurry Cell Construction For Peabody Energy
- West Rail Loop Expansion For Ameren Energy
- Slurry Cell #4 Construction For Peabody Energy
- Rte 67 Butler County Mo
- World Shooting Complex Sparta, Il
- Centralia High School Centralia, Il
- St Louis Lambert Airport Expansion, St. Louis, Mo
- Fulton County Kentucky Airport Expansion, Fulton, Ky
It all began over 100 years ago in 1913 with William Boyd. Early notable projects were the construction of Route 51 and Route 148. Soon sons Loren Boyd and John Boyd became part of their father's company. Loren served as a naval officer in World War II in Seabees.
Loren's son Stephen J. Boyd served in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War. Upon returning he received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering at the University of Missouri in Rolla. In 1976 Stephen J. followed in the family's business. Son Stephen W. Boyd is a graduate of Southern Illinois University in Carbondale with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering. He joined the company in 2004.
Business expanded yet for safety, integrity and quality sake they chose to keep the company family owned. From Tom Newbury's farm pond to a 7.5 million cubic yard project at Lambert Airport expansion in St. Louis, Missouri, the Boyd family has come a long way in 100 plus years.